Sunday, March 6, 2011

Personal POI - FAQ

Q: I've puted db3 file inside PersonalPOI folder in SD card, but navi won't recognize it.
A: Discovered, that filename must have at least 9 characters in name ({at least name of length 9}.db3). Don't ask why, I dont know :)

Q: I don't see or see different icons on map. In the list icons are displayed correctly.*FIXED in 5.7
A: Have no explanation yet. My suspicion is buggy navi firmware (finally is still beta). Tried leave there only used icons, changed icon ID (thought there is limit in icon count), nothing helped. Looks like when you import Personal Poi db for the first time, navi makes some cache for the map, which isn't prolly released in next import. Thats only guesses. Hope someone figure it out soon.

Q: I see category in the list, but cannot enter inside subcategories.
A: Another weird thing. A user discovered that long category name cause the problem. Don't know what limit is, but this name doesn't work: "Snelheidscontroles" O_O

more to come...


When you find solution for any unanswered questions, please contact me or write comment here!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi !

What function is "Vacuun under DB"??.
I use this option and do not see changes.

Thanks.

Unknown said...

I have received version 7.1 of the maps. I imported POI's just as I did before. They show up in the list, and I can select them, but they don't show up on the map. Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot this?

Unknown said...

OK, an update. I read that the maps themselves don't differ between 7.0 and 7.1, but that 7.1 was an update to work with firmware 3810 which partitions the HDD in three.

So I used version 7.0, and now it works.

Otto said...

Hi Tom, I have the same issue, but using version 7.0. On my pc everything looks fine. I can select the POI in navi, but the icons do not show up on the map.
To date I am clueless as to what is wrong.
Any suggestion is appreciated.
Thanks.

The Beast said...

Hi, I also have the issue of categories not being able to load, basically the RNS 510 imports as per guide and in details I see the number of POI's, etc. but when I try to select Speed Cameras in MAP there are no POIs to select. I'll try to shorten the category names as per other post and see what happens.

The Beast said...

OK, I have shorten the category names and same thing happens, I am now stuck as to what is causing this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous said...

I created categories with the new V8 map found in the internet with POIinspect0r 5.6.
I tried different ways to burn the DVD (single Layer without EDB):
At first I created ISO with POIinsp. (leaves "NSCEU...) Didn't work!
Copied tdp directory from localsave("nscEU...), didn't work.
Changed language in Info25.psc to German (TPD-DEF 4), didn't work.
Everything was fine with an older version of POIinspect0r and V7 West.

johnny said...

I've found out that if I run poinspect0r in another computer, my license gets corrupted and it cannot be run again as licensed in my first computer.
Please associate computer unique id with license in your database so this problem doesn't occur. Thanks.